Senior Designer, Brand Execution Job Description Template
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Manages Others: No
Individual who has an excellent eye for design, imaginative, well-organized, good-natured, dedicated, flexible, and passionate. Brings a strong understanding of visual and experience design. Works closely with peers and business leaders to ensure consistent execution of the brand and its elements within the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In partnership with Marketing Leadership, actively manages the use and execution of brand elements such as logos, colors, fonts, etc. across the organization. Ensures brand execution conforms to agreed-upon style guides.
- Partners with managers, internal clients, and other creative team members to ensure the project meets creative strategy/project objectives.
- Considers technology and organizational requirements and designs solutions that complement business strategy.
- Responsible for vendor selection, management, and production of all brand-related assets.
- Leverages a competent understanding of print, digital, motion, and visual design fundamentals and techniques in generating an effective range of designs/layouts for all elements of the creative solution that address program objectives, and are visually appealing and motivating.
- Expands personal knowledge of design and current state-of-the-art techniques. Has a good understanding of many best practices.
- Designs mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks, and storyboards under minimal direction of the project lead.
- Primarily responsible for asset creation and production to meet marketing team project requirements.
- Researches and reviews suitable illustrations, photography or stock creative assets (such as stock photos, motion graphics, and video clips) for inclusion in project deliverables.
- Prepares and presents layouts/samples to the creative supervisor for direction and approval. Incorporates revisions per management and/or team feedback as appropriate.
- Assists the project with necessary research and preparation of presentation materials.
- Contributes to and maintains style guides/online design libraries to accompany final deliverables.
- Works enthusiastically, respectfully, and collaboratively with other project team members, has a clear understanding of how a project team operates, their responsibilities throughout a project and what is expected in critiques and team meetings.
- Consults with the creative supervisor or project lead to evaluate individual project needs and proactively raise issues that may impact the quality or timing of deliverables and offer solutions
- Actively participates in team meetings to discuss assignment parameters.
- Ensures that internal deadlines, timetables, and approval procedures are adhered to for assigned project phases.
- Manages and prioritizes work effectively, and proactively escalates conflicts with workloads.
- Organizes file management per prescribed process and maintain image resource files.
- Helps develop tools and recommendations to improve current processes that impact deliverables.
- Responsible for giving continuous feedback to peers, completing self-review, inputting time consistently, and being aware of personal utilization target.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Excellent eye for design, imaginative, well-organized, good-natured, dedicated, flexible, and passionate, you bring an advanced understanding of visual and experience design, typography, composition, and color theory. Besides a Bachelor s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Multi-Media Design (or a related field), you have the following:
- Strong digital design portfolio
- 5+ years of design experience
- Advanced command of standard design and layout using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong command of front-end web design using HTML and CSS.
- Competency with at least one of, as well as experience or exposure to the following: video editing (e. g. Adobe Premier/FinalCut Pro), or motion graphics (e. g. After Effects).
- Demonstrated ability to utilize feedback/direction from others to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs to the satisfaction of lead.
- Has managed multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload, and working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
- Solid understanding of brand management and execution across multiple mediums, technologies, and experiences.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Careful attention to detail and sensitivity to version control issues.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk; sit; type on a computer keyboard; talk or hear; answer the telephone; look at a computer screen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment can be high at times. Sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time and have the ability to work with computer tools and applications.