Director of Marketing Job Description Template
Reports to Vice President, Marketing
Manages others: Yes
The role of the Director of Marketing is to lead and oversee the execution of all marketing, campaign, and promotional activities for the <business unit>. The Director is responsible for generating awareness of, and engagement with the organization’s programmatic and development initiatives through a multi-channel (primarily digital) marketing strategy.
- Develop an ongoing multi-touch, multi-channel marketing strategy (emphasis on digital) that drives programmatic and development objectives
- Oversee execution of the marketing and communications plan across all channels inclusive of web properties, social channels, video platforms, email, blog, mobile messaging, influencer marketing, media/PR, SEO, paid search, paid media
- Develop and implement a year-round content strategy and marketing plan per key audience segment to engage customers
- Execute integrated online/offline lead generation campaigns, including search engine marketing, email, telemarketing, tradeshows, and events to generate demand and qualified sales leads
- Lead creative conception, development, execution of thematic digital campaigns
- Manage strategy and day-to-day with agency partners/vendors for web development/design, paid digital media, SEO, paid search, PR, etc.
- Manage Community, Social, Product Marketing and other positions as assigned, and oversee content/creative production process
- Work with the Marketing Operations Specialist to analyze and optimize marketing data for efficiency and effectiveness and prepare marketing reporting for Senior Leadership Team
- Work with the product team to create case studies, insight briefs, and educational materials that best illustrate value propositions of the full product portfolio
- Create thought leadership, participate in trade shows, develop branded events
- Remain current in cultural/technological/digital marketing trends in reaching the target audience
- Seven to ten years of experience managing marketing strategies
- Demonstrated record of meeting professional goals and guiding staff to meet team goals.
- Demonstrated experience in brand positioning and communications
- Expertise in the development of digital marketing strategies and content that acquires, engages, nurtures consumers
- Experience developing marketing and communications strategy for a software company
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience writing and editing.
- Strong campaign and project management skills.
- Computer savvy with experience in marketing automation, CSS/CMS, Social Platforms, Google Analytics, SFDC, and others.
- Aptitude for analysis, interpretation, and translation of information.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others (management, agency partners/vendors, board members, and staff) to accomplish goals.
- Flexible enough to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Curious and thoughtful approach to work characterized by a desire to solve problems and continuously improve quality of work.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Females, Minorities, Veterans, Disabled and Other